Saturday 4 August 2012

Day 25 – Dreams of air


Day 25 – Dreams of air

Round and round we go. Who you will be, nobody knows.

Today I woke up thinking it's about bloody time to put an end to the fire temple! However, Sameson got it into his tree loving brain that we needed to consecrate at least one of the evil elemental shrines,so we opted to bless the air temple shrine since we were near it anyway.

Sameson cast the blessing and another bloody air elemental appeared and began to spin into a tempest. However this time Ugg squished the wispy creature before it could cause us that much harm. The problems came when we decided to bless the tubes next to the shrine by filling them with holy water. No sooner had we began but the tubes started pumping noxious gas into the room. That we might have been able to deal with but not the bloody demonic apparition which appeared in the midst of it. The thing looked like some sort of huge disjointed bird with feral red eyes. Remembering my studies into other planes I recognized the demon as a Vrock and something well beyond our abilities to defeat.

Before I suffocated in the smoke I retreated to a raised staircase with Ugg. The creature teleported itself over to us and battle was joined. I called on mighty Joramy to give me and Ugg Strength but even our combined might was not enough to do more than scratch the fiend. Fillian blasted the demon for afar and the creature decided he would be easier pray and this cowardly teleported over to the elf.

Seeing that Fillian looked likely to kick the bucket I begged Joramyy to send this beast back to whence it came! And it bloody worked! Well, the demon retreated up through the hole in the ceiling at least. The others tried to reach the staircase but it seemed Joe had passed out from the fumes. The last thing I remember is hearing Fillian call for assistance before whoooosssh we were bloody somewhere else.

By blessing the shrine we had triggered another trap that sent us to the top of a bloody freezing cold mountain the gods know where. All I could ascertain is that it weren't on bloody Oerth. Quickly I called on my powers to protect me from the freezing winds that buffeted me, but unfortunately my companions had no such power. To stop them from meeting their deaths up there we decided to head on down the mountain in the hopes of finding a way back to the Temple. We bound ourselves together with some eerie magical rope that Joe found in the Temple which obeys his commands. Seriously sometimes I can't keep up with all this bloody magic mumbo jumbo that keeps happening!

So we were almost at the bottom of the mountain when we run into one of the most beautiful blonde haired woman I've ever bloody seen. Although, we weren't about to trust some random bint that hangs out on freezing mountains on other planes of existence and so we approached her with ample caution. She introduced herself as Darley the huntress and servant of Ehlonna; who it seems is a goddess of nature that doesn't get on too well with the Obad-Hai lot. She offered to send us back to Oerth in exchange for one of our magical items each.

Of course we told her to get bloody stuffed! Firstly why should we trust her and secondly for all we bloody knew the exit could be just round the blasted   mountain. So taking our chances we marched on past to the bottom of the mountain. There waiting for us was a whooping great giant wielding a morning star four times the bloody size of me. He demanded we surrender and become slaves, which of course we refused.

Ugg bravely charged it but was no match for a fully grown giant. It soon squished him into the ground and it was left to me to call upon Joramy's flames to attack the giant. It shrugged of the attack and the next thing I knew I was nothing but a bloody stain in the snow. It all happened so bloody fast! Then what do you know but there I am with the others standing talking to that Darley witch further up the mountain. Grinning the smug bint told us that she had showed us a vision of what was to come if we did not accept her help! Well I be damned if I'll end up a stain in the snow due to some bloody giant from another plane and so I turned over the wand of paralyse I acquired earlier. Even these thick headed males saw the logic in that and also turned over some of their items.

Darley placed these items on the snow in front of us and got us to hold hands like a bunch of bloody tree huggers and then think of home. We thought of Hommlet and then once more we were whooshed there! It happened quick enough to make even one with my constitution sick. Thinking overselves bloody lucky for our escape we decided to find a tavern to rest the night. Before that though I opted to take advantage of Rufus and Burne's library to see what I could find out about this Mitrik name I heard before. I discovered that Mitrik is a house and region and that the very knight who fought Zutogmy was from Mitrik and in the ninth legion! Ahhh so that bloody explains the 9 in the clue 'on 3, in 6 dwells 9'.  Rufus added to my knowledge that a scion from Mitrik  disappeared in the area not so long ago. Ahhh then perhaps the  on 3 part of the clue means that this scion is being kept on the lower third floor of the temple and in the sixth room; whatever that means exactly. I think I'm getting good at this bloody clue solving stuff. I hope that's not her influence. Anyway, I shall go to bed tonight with a new purpose in the temple. Tomorrow I shall find Mitrik's whelp!

No comments:

Post a Comment